Can you be an inspiring and motivational mentor for learners? Are you engaging, supportive and caring, with a passion to provide pastoral advice and guidance to help learners reach their potential and succeed in their Accountancy qualification up to level 7?
Babington are looking for curious, trusted and caring individuals to join our team as a Skills Coach on the Accountancy level 3, 4 or 7 qualification, if you have previous knowledge and experience in Accountancy or experience in supporting learners with their apprenticeships and are ready for the next step in your career or a change of direction then we want to hear from you.
Summary of role
You will be responsible for Coaching & Mentoring learners working towards the successful and timely achievement of their learning programme. Creating and maintaining cohesive and communicative relationships with learners and employers. Providing blended academic and pastoral advice, guidance, and support, ensuring a safe and conducive working environment.
Brief summary of principle accountabilities
- Provide inspirational support and guidance to learners throughout their learning journey, helping them to progress, achieve and reach their potential.
- Provide in-depth coaching and mentoring support and advice throughout the learning journey and End Point Assessment through an effective use of coaching frameworks.
- Provide inspirational support and guidance to employers throughout their learners learning journey, helping the employer to support their employees.
- Liaise with Specialist Trainers to facilitate formative and summative assessment of learners’ skills and knowledge.
- Have an in-depth understanding of embedded learning methodologies and how to evaluate behavioural change.
- Compile and maintain all learner documentation on the relevant e-portfolio system to reflect learner’s characteristics, meet quality standards and funding compliance, along with demonstrating progression.
- Conduct and interpret detailed skills gap analysis with learners to accurately identify learner’s starting points, prior achievements, and experience.
- Deliver immersive, differentiated, and impactful interactions, embedding Maths and English, to ensure active participation by all learners in the groups, through a variety of methods, which contribute to positive learning outcomes.
- Manage and facilitate interactive, immersive & engaging interactions including 121 sessions, virtual group sessions, digital learning interventions forums and chat sessions to your learners.
- Adapt Babington’s learning journey blueprint (where required) to fulfil the requirements of our clients, learners and stakeholders which enrich and compliment the customer experience.
- Promote and embed Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, British Values, Prevent and Health and Safety to all learning sessions.
Brief person specification (E) Essential (D) Desirable
Grade A-C GCSE in English and Maths or equivalent (E)
Level 4 AAT qualification (E)
ILM Level 3 Certificate in Effective Coaching & Mentoring (D)
Level 3 Award in Education & Training (or equivalent) teaching qualification or willingness to acquire one (D)
Level 3 Certificate Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA) qualification or willingness to acquire one (D)
Skills and experience
Experience of developing individualised learning plans and SMART targets (E)
Coaching to embed behavioural change experience (D)
Experience in using digital technologies and experiences to deliver learning (D)
Experience of liaising with employers and external agencies (D)
Experience of providing interactive and engaging teaching, training, and development opportunities to adults (E)
Experience of successfully achieving deadlines and working without close supervision (E)
Experience of working in an accredited environment, industry, or practice (D)
Ability to manage workload, time, & resources effectively and achieve deadlines (E)
Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills (E)
Hold a clean driving license with access to a vehicle (D)
BUPA Healthcare – Cashplan
25 Days annual leave plus Bank holidays
Additional annual leave purchase scheme
Employer Pension contribution
We are innovators in Education so why not apply now and join us in Developing Better Futures!